The President (and still President) of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych was improperly removed by the Ukrainian government. All that requires to come to this assessment is to understand the Ukrainian Constitution. In Article 111 of the Ukrainian Constitution, it outlines the impeachment/removal process quite clearly.
- The President of Ukraine may be removed from office by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine by the procedure of impeachment, in the event that he or she commits state treason or other crime.
- The issue of the removal of the President of Ukraine from office by the procedure of impeachment is initiated by the majority of the constitutional composition of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
- To conduct the investigation, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine establishes a special temporary investigatory commission whose composition includes a special procurator and special investigators.
- The conclusions and proposals of the temporary investigatory commission are considered at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
- For cause, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, by no less than two-thirds of its constitutional composition, adopts a decision on the accusation of the President of Ukraine.
- The decision on the removal of the President of Ukraine from office by the procedure of impeachment is adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine by no less than three-quarters of its constitutional composition, after the review of the case by the Const itutional Court of Ukraine and the receipt of its opinion on the observance of the constitutional procedure of investigation and consideration of the case of impeachment, and the receipt of the opinion of the Supreme Court of Ukraine to the effect that th e acts, of which the President of Ukraine is accused, contain elements of state treason or other crime.
You can read it in its entirety here.
From what I can see, none of the prerequisite actions ever occurred. What does all that mean? It means that Viktor Yanukovych was never legally removed and is, by constitutional law, still the President of Ukraine. Nothing more to see here folks, move along.